AREA Members Offer Pandemic Support
As organizations throughout the world cope with the quarantining and work-from-home restrictions necessitated by the global coronavirus pandemic, AREA members are springing into action to help. Many of them have launched special offers that enable organizations to use their AR tools to overcome limitations to collaboration and business continuance.
Here are some of the offers AREA member companies have told us about:
- Atheer has offered free licenses of its Atheer AR platform until the end of June 2020. All licenses, onboarding, and support will be provided by Atheer for free with no commitment of any type required.
- has announced it is offering free use of its Remote Assist tool for the remainder of 2020. Remote Assist provides a remote collaboration and support solution that can be adopted in less than 60 minutes.
- Iristick is offering its smart glasses with three months of free software use (remote assistance). In addition, AREA members can receive a 10% discount on the company’s Z1. Essential and Z1.Premium products.
- PTC is making its remote assistance product, Vuforia Chalk, available for free so employees can collaborate in operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Theorem Solutions will provide free CAD translation services to any organization that has switched to producing ventilators and has found itself working with incompatible data formats.
- The Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) Design and Prototyping Group have responded to Britain’s call to produce more Personal Protective Equipment for healthcare workers by using technologies such as 3D printing and laser cutting to make up to 1,000 face shields per week. The face shields are being distributed to area hospitals.
- Scope AR has created a that supports organizations limiting travel by connecting technical experts to hands-on workers. The program leverages visual remote assistance to enable diagnoses, repairs, and upgrades, as well as bringing training to remote employees and clients via AR.
- now offers a free premium version of which will make it possible for anyone to try out Remote Guidance. The new offering provides businesses interested in learning about the benefits of remote guidance an easy and free way to see how remote guidance can improve service functions.
We applaud these companies for their efforts and will continue to share additional AREA member company offers as we hear about them.